What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 SIGNS THAT SOMETHING IS AMISS AT YOUR CHURCH

1LoverofGod

Well-known
On Crosswalk.com in June of 2023, an article appeared entitled “5 Signs Your Church Might Be Heading toward Progressive Christianity.”

Below are on the main points from Crosswalk’s piece:

1. There is a lowered view of the Bible.
  2. Feelings are emphasized over facts.
  3. Essential Christian doctrines are open for re-interpretation.
  4. Historic items are redefined.
  5. The heart of the gospel message shifts from sin and redemption to social justice.[1]
I would say that if all these things are true of your church, it has arrived at the point of “progressive Christianity.” It’s either already a “woke” church or well on its way to it.

The article in Crosswalk inspired me to put together a list of signs that indicate something might be amiss at your church.

1. THERE’S A LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE WORDS OF SCRIPTURE...

More

Thankfully, both churches I go to have none of the above and actively preach and teach against all of the above.

So thankful to have faithful Pastors and Vicars <3 Just wish I didn't have to be a closet pre-Tribber :lol: (does this make me a Tribble? :eek:

:bouncies:

:thankyou: JESUS!!! :thankyou:

Thankfully, both churches I go to have none of the above and actively preach and teach against all of the above.

So thankful to have faithful Pastors and Vicars <3 Just wish I didn't have to be a closet pre-Tribber :lol: (does this make me a Tribble? :eek:

I wonder why your church doesn't see that believers are already in heaven when we come back with Jesus on white horses. That is after the 7 years of tribulation which shows it is a pre-trib rapture.

The last poll I read on this showed only 60 percent of Christians believe in a pre trib rapture. Its not a salvation issue, but will be a pleasant surprise for those in disbelief of pre trib when they are suddenly heading up!

On Crosswalk.com in June of 2023, an article appeared entitled “5 Signs Your Church Might Be Heading toward Progressive Christianity.”

Below are on the main points from Crosswalk’s piece:

1. There is a lowered view of the Bible.
  2. Feelings are emphasized over facts.
  3. Essential Christian doctrines are open for re-interpretation.
  4. Historic items are redefined.
  5. The heart of the gospel message shifts from sin and redemption to social justice.[1]
I would say that if all these things are true of your church, it has arrived at the point of “progressive Christianity.” It’s either already a “woke” church or well on its way to it.

The article in Crosswalk inspired me to put together a list of signs that indicate something might be amiss at your church.

1. THERE’S A LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE WORDS OF SCRIPTURE...

More

Good read, and sadly, those churches who aren’t there yet, may soon be.

I wonder why your church doesn't see that believers are already in heaven when we come back with Jesus on white horses. That is after the 7 years of tribulation which shows it is a pre-trib rapture.
The denomination sees it as the Second Coming, with all the dead saints coming back with Jesus at the end of the church age, and the living saints being raptured to join them in the air at that time. The denomination doesn't teach a literal 7-year tribulation or a literal 1000 year Jesus reign on earth; instead, teaches it's allegorical/symbolic.

The last poll I read on this showed only 60 percent of Christians believe in a pre trib rapture. Its not a salvation issue, but will be a pleasant surprise for those in disbelief of pre trib when they are suddenly heading up!
That 60% is good, is that in the USA? If Scotland had so high a figure I'd be overjoyed. I think pre-Tribbers might be in the minority here. God Bless You :)

That 60% is good, is that in the USA? If Scotland had so high a figure I'd be overjoyed. I think pre-Tribbers might be in the minority here. God Bless You :)
In the US, it depends on what part of the country. In the south, where Baptist/similar is the majority, more people are pre-Tribbers. In the north central, where Lutheran is predominant, most people aren't pre-Tribbers. Most of this reflects the origin of the people, who settled an area. Scandinavians and Germans were mostly Lutheran and came to the north, and they naturally started Lutheran churches. The Germans, Swiss, and Dutch, who settled in Pennsylvania, etc., started Mennonite and Amish churches, with a sprinkling of Lutheran. etc., etc., etc.

Very likely, as the Church of England (Anglican), Church of Scotland (Presbyterian), and Catholic are amillennial. Lutherans (also amillennial) and pre-Trib denominations/churches are minority in the British Isles. Christianity is actually becoming minority in some areas due to muslim invasion.

Back